Essential oils are the highly concentrated, volatile, aromatic essences of plants. It is non-oily and highly fragrant which is extracted from a plant and evaporates quickly.
Popular Essential Oils For The Hair:
- Basil: Promotes hair growth.
- Cedarwood: Antiseptic, astringent, tonic reduces the production of sebum, normalizes both dry and oily skin and hair, stimulates the scalp and hair follicles; used in hair care to treat dandruff and hair loss.
- Chamomile: Conditions the hair, helps withy making sheen.
- Eucalyptus: A powerful antiseptic, helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Jasmine: Used mostly for the scent.
- Lavender: Scalp treatment for itchiness, dandruff, and for the smell.
- Lemon: Refresh invigorate, improve elasticity, helps to cleanse the scalp.
- Lemongrass: Useful for oily hair, help to slow down scalp oil production.
- Myrrh: Can be used for dry hair, scalp & dandruff.
- Orange: Balances the production of sebum.
- Rose Oil:Soothes scalp and smells great.
- Rosemary Oil: Promotes hair growth & Dandruff treatment – DO NOT USE IF YOU’RE PREGNANT!
- Tea tree: Treatment for dry scalp, oily hair, dandruff, and underactive sebaceous glands.
- Sandalwood: An antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory; good for dry scalp.
- Ylang-ylang: A soothing antiseptic, helps to control the production of sebum and stimulates hair growth.