Step 1: Wash/Condition your hair.
Step 2: Apply your products, I use a little gel.
Step 3: Spilt your hair into two sections and use a ponytail holder to make ponytails and let air-dry. Avoid using rubberbands, try use a cloth type ponytail holder.
Here are some various ways you can make your own PHHB:
• Use a black knee-high
• Cut a piece near the toe to make ponytail holders
• Cut a piece near the thigh to make a headband
• Cut the legs for a longer headband
• Use the elastic waistband part for a headband
• Use a ‘hair bungee cord’
• You can also use a trouser sock or a thick shoelace to hold your puff back
• You may have to push it up once you tie it. It may take a few times to determine where you want to place it on your head
• You can also try to use a bra-strap headband as well
• I’ve been wearing these since I first became fully natural and never had a problem with breakage. The key for me is to switch up the location of the puff (sometimes I place it at the top of my head, in the middle or really low), and never, ever wear them tight. Also I do not sleep in them – it may cause breakage from friction and put stress on the hairline.